Printable Information for Patients
Preparing for your Breast Biopsy
Before your procedure
- Seven days before the breast biopsy, please stop taking Vitamin E, aspirin, over-the-counter drugs containing aspirin, Motrin, and Advil. Tylenol products can be continued. If you have a medical condition that requires you to take aspirin therapy or any blood thinner (example – Coumadin) then please check with your physician before stopping the medication.
- We recommend that you arrange to have another adult accompany you for the procedure so that they may drive you home.
- If you have been taking Coumadin then you will need labwork: an INR and PT should be drawn 1-2 days before this procedure.
- Contact your physician if you have questions about your current prescription or non-prescription medications.
On the day of your procedure
- It is not necessary to fast for this procedure.
- Please do not wear earrings, necklaces, powder, deodorant or perfume around the breast area. We suggest wearing a bra for support following the procedure.
- We have a CD player in the procedure room. If you would like, you may bring a CD of your choice to listen to during the procedure.
- If you have any questions about these instructions or the procedure, please call us at 732.390.6129 or 908.359.9331 between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM.
Return to Top